Major Food Group seeks Sommeliers!
MFG is hiring passionate and experienced Sommeliers with strong work ethic to help set and maintain the highest standards of service and professionalism.
- Assist guests with wine, sake and champagne selection, consider their taste and budget when guiding them through the menu
- Anticipate guest needs. Provide information to guests regarding our venues, menus and pricing
- Explain how our wines, sake or champagne menu compliments the items on our food and dessert menu
- Ensure all wines, sake and champagnes are presented and served correctly and all pouring techniques are adhered to as specified by company standards
- Inform and explain alternative wine, sake or champagne selections to guests should their choice be unavailable
- Provide engaged, friendly and attentive customer service to all guests
- Practice highest regards for safety within all areas and with all materials
- Follow and adhere to all standards set for by the Department of Health (DOH) and appropriate Federal/State Liquor Control Boards
- Perform all other duties as instructed by management
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience as a Sommelier in an upscale, high volume restaurant
- WSET certifications preferred or certifications from another accredited wine institution preferred
- Extensive knowledge of wine and wine service techniques
- Availability to work nights, weekends & holidays
- Positive attitude
- A guest-first mindset
- A passion for providing exemplary guest service
- Strong attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
- Clean and organized working habits
- A commitment to learning and continuous improvement
- Ability to think quickly on your feet and multi-task with ease
- Ability to take direction and to communicate effectively
We offer competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision insurance, TransitChek discount, Referral Rewards program, a generous dining program, and progressive paid time off. We offer many opportunities for growth and development for those who show long-term commitment to their role and MFG.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Major Food Group considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Major Food Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: alcohol, bar, barback, beer, beverage service, cocktail, cocktail service, lounge, mixologist, pub bartender