- National Basketball Association
212 E 55th St
At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
The NBA is seeking an individual that values the details with proven experience being part of a team and successfully delivering projects.. This role will be part of the team responsible for the evaluation and employment of strategic initiatives with a specific focus on the execution of the development and renovation of domestic arenas. You will assist in developing and steering effective practices and implementing guidelines for all NBA domestic venues and arenas Additionally, you will play a strategic role by utilizing data to provide insights and assist in the pursuit of key league initiatives relating to arena operations and the overall NBA business. This position will be the liaison between the League and NBA Venue Operators and General Managers.
* Lead, develop and monitor project progress and deliverables
* Research trends and provide awareness to advancements in the industry, using the information to provide recommendations on how to improve and enhance venue operational strategies
* Provide oversight and advisement on new and renovated arenas through attending meetings, developing and maintaining detailed reports, reviewing drawings, drafting memos, and conducting on-site surveys
* Develop near-term and long-term arena operational guidelines and facility standards for NBA games and events
* Champion the NBA Arena Database development as well as collect and interpret data to provide executive-level dashboards and summaries that will demonstrate valued quantitative analysis on information received from all 30 teams
* Serve as a key point of communication and coordination with internal league representatives, NBA arena operators and facility management representatives -
* Be able to provide detailed and accurate notes and develop and maintain a log of all project action items
* Work closely with all Arena General Managers to establish project management disciplines and maintain validated methodology for arena operations in areas such as: arena infrastructure, crisis management, launch of new NBA products and the implementation of league rules/regulations
* Act as a strategic partner, building relationships and executing programs successfully to further improve the services and resources made available to the League, our teams and arenas
* Collaborate and partner with key stakeholders in the execution and application of League initiatives
* Work cross-departmentally and understand the day-to-day functions and goals of each key discipline
* Monitor and support arena-related Crisis Management Protocols
* 5+ years' experience in project management or related area with large venues/arenas across various industries such as; construction, real estate, design or arena operations.
* Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule
* Outstanding writing and verbal interpersonal skills
* Ability to interface at all levels of management and build strong working relationship and rapport with internal and external clients
* Proven conceptual and strategic skills with the ability to quickly understand all functional areas of arena development and event execution
* Demonstrated competency bringing to bear valuable insights from data derived from project deliverables, remodels, cost etc.
* Expert experience with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required. Tools such as: CAD, HTML or Tableau are a plus
* Strong PM proficiencies and experience working with various project management tools and reporting
* Confidence in meeting tight deadlines and leading multiple projects with an expectation for excellence
* Ability to potentially travel domestically and internationally 25%
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...