- National Basketball Association
212 E 55th St
At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
The Talent Management Partner will play a key role in helping the NBA HR team execute on core activities to enhance individual, team and organizational performance. Reporting into the Talent Management Lead, this role will be responsible for the execution of our core talent management (performance management, talent planning) and employee engagement (survey action planning) practices. In addition, this position will work collaboratively with HR Business Partners, consulting with business leaders to deliver OD, talent and learning solutions aligned to the overarching business objectives and strategy.
* Core Talent Processes: Support the design & execution of the league's core talent activities and develop strategies to elevate their impact. Including: annual performance management cycle, talent review and succession planning activities, employee engagement surveys, nomination based talent programs, and internal mobility programs.
* Employee Engagement: Partner with the HR Business Partners and Business Leaders to create and execute strategies to enhance employee engagement within and across departments/regions.
* Team Effectiveness: Partner with the HR Business Partner team and Business Leaders to design and deliver targeted talent and team development programs to support business needs, e.g. team building, development planning, organization design, leadership alignment.
* Diagnosis & Action Planning: Support the collection and analysis of data (e.g. surveys, focus groups, HR data) to investigate talent-related questions and propose potential solutions.
* 7+ years of experience in human capital consulting, talent management, or related field.
* Experience designing and executing strategies in one or more of the following areas: performance management, talent assessment, career development, internal mobility, team building, employee engagement, department climate/culture change.
* Consultative orientation and ability to quickly build relationships at all levels of an organization.
* Problem solving orientation and a proven ability to coordinate multiple projects and priorities in a dynamic environment.
* Ability to influence & persuade through compelling written and oral communications.
* Ability to tell an actionable story using qualitative and quantitative data.
* Experience using Excel to analyze data and PowerPoint to create presentations.
* Familiarity with exceptional talent and high-performing cultures. Interest in applying best practices and latest research in the human capital field. Knowledge of SAP Success Factors technology a plus.
BA/BS degree from a four-year accredited university with specialized coursework in HR, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, or related disciplines.
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...